Disclaimer: By making this recipe, I do not in any way claim to like mornings
Good-morning sunshine! Wakey-wakey because today is a new and Gorgeous day, and you are going to do great things! Okay, yes you caught me. I’m ACTUALLY writing this at midnight, because I really don’t like mornings.
However, that doesn’t stop me from LOVING this amazing recipe, because guess what? I can make this one AHEAD! I can make the scones the night before, and still be able to enjoy them with my Chai or Cinnamon Vanilla Lattes in the morning! And they have lemon in them, which makes me 100x more excited to eat them (I love lemons so much. I’ll let you know why sometime!) Are you ready to make some pretty awesome scones? Let’s get to it!
Suggested Post:Easy, Healthy, and Yummy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Makes: 10 Prep Time: 15 Min Total Time: 1 Hour
What You Need For the Scones:
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
6 Tbsp. Sugar
2 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp. Salt
Zest of 1 Large Lemon
1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Butter (Frozen)
1 Large Egg
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Tsp. Vanilla
2/3 Cup Blueberries (Frozen)
What You Need for the Glaze:
2-3 Tbsp. Lemon
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
How to Make the Scones:
1. To begin, preheat your oven to 400F, and adjust your baking rack to the lower middle position. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
2. Secondly whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest in a large bowl until well combined. Now, use a cheese grater to grate the frozen butter into the flour mixture.
3. Next, use a fork or pastry cutter to “rub” or “combine” the butter and the flour mixture until it resembles cornmeal
4. Now, in a separate bowl (I just used my liquid measurer) combine the egg, the vanilla, and the heavy cream until well combined. Gently pour over the flour mixture, and stir until everything is moist (Try not to over-stir, as it can make the scones come out more dense)
5. Then, add the blueberries, gently folding them into the scone batter, until well combined. Take the scone batter, and place on the parchment-covered baking sheet, in a 1/2 Inch thick square or circle. I cut mine into triangles about 3″ long, and it made about 10 Scones, but feel free to use your own judgement.
6. Finally bake the scones for about 16-18 minutes or until brown and crispy, and then remove from the oven to cool. When ready to serve, mix together all the ingredients for the glaze in a wide bowl, and simply dip the top of the scones in so they are all fully coated. You are ready to go! YUM!
How to Make the Glaze
1. In a small bowl mix together both the lemon juice and the powdered sugar. Then either dip the scones in the mixture fully coating them, or drizzle the glaze on top in a pretty design.
Okay guys! So now it is officially morning here and I am LOVING these scones. Are you more of a morning or a night person? How excited are you to try these scones? Let me know in the comments below!
Love you always,