Hello everyone! Happy Monday! I am already so excited for Mother’s Day. My grandparents are coming to visit from Colorado, and I am working on my mom’s presents. I hope you guys enjoy this amazing post DIY post!
DIY BATH BOMBS WITHOUT CITRIC ACID
1 Cup Baking Soda
3 TBSP. Cream of Tartar
3 TBSP. Epsom Salts
Large spoon (optional)
Essential Oils in Prefered Scents (I used lavender & lemon)
Spray Bottle Filled with Water
Silicone Ice Cube Mold
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowel with the spoon (I just used my hands). Set aside.
- Add the essential oil to prefered strength and mix thoroughly. Some people also add food coloring, but I prefer not to.
- Spray the water into the dry ingredients and mix together until it starts to stick together in clumps.
- Now press the mixture into the ice cube mold, and set in the freezer for an hour. Next set the bath bombs out and let air dry for 4 hours.
- They should pop out of the mold and keep their shape.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!
I love these so much and they smell AMAZING! Your mom will love them too!
DIY TINTED CHAPSTICK
1 tube of Shea Butter Lip Balm
Crayon, color of your choice (I chose red)
Glass Bowl You Don’t Care About (I used an old baby food container)
1 Tsp. Coconut Oil
- Take the lip balm out of the tube, and place in the glass bowl. Peel the crayon and add to the lip balm. Add the coconut oil.
- Fill a small pan with about an inch of water and bring to a boil. Next set the glass bowl in the pan, and stir in constantly with the plastic spoon until everything is melted and combined.
- Remove the glass bowl using pot holders, and pour the liquid back into the lip balm tube. Set in the freezer to cool for an hour.
DIY GLITTER CHAPSTICK
1 Tube or Container of Shea Butter Lip Balm
Glitter in the Color of Your Choice
Glass Bowl You Don’t Care About
1 Tsp. Coconut Oil
- Remove the lip balm from the container and place in the glass bowl. Add the coconut oil and the glitter.
- Fill a small pan with about an inch of water and bring to a boil. Next set the glass bowl in the pan, and stir in constantly with the plastic spoon until everything is melted and combined. Sprinkle in about 1/8 tsp. Glitter.
- Remove the glass bowl using pot holders, and pour the liquid back into the lip balm tube/container. Set in the freezer to cool for an hour.
OTHER THINGS YOU CAN ADD:
- Elle Nail Polish
- Chocolates (Recipe coming soon!!!)
- Hot Cocoa Mix With Personalized Photos!
- This ADORABLE Mom Mug!
- Or This One
Happy Mother’s Day, from me to you! Be sure to tell you mother figure how much she means to you on this amazing holiday. What are you doing for Mother’s Day? What are you going to give your mom? Let me know in the comments below!