I used to be the type of girl who spent all of her time thinking about how she could help other people. I’m busy between blogging and school and work and sports and church…but with what free time I had I would spend time on other people, like with my #conquerhatewithlove Giveaway.
I love how helping other people gives you such a warmth inside, which is a post for another day, but the truth was that the glorious feeling of helping other people simply isn’t enough to keep you going. I was on the edge…about to burn out. I was stressed, tired, and honestly just not happy. That’s why once every other week I’ve starting taking 1 day just for me. I know that this sounds selfish, but think about it for a moment. Even if you’re just taking an afternoon to rejuvenate, it will do a lot in helping you to stay focused throughout the next few weeks.
Okay so now I’m about to embark on a whole new journey of self care and self love, but I am stumped about how to do that, and I’m assuming you are too. So I took the liberty of doing some research and coming up with some AMAZING ideas on how to take care of ourselves!
So here’s my amazing awesome list of 20 self care ideas!
- Full Manicure and Pedicure
- Going for a long walk
- Take a bubble bath
- Read a good book
- Watch the clouds
- Stargaze outside
- Unplug from technology for an hour
- Binge watch your favorite show on NETFLIX (Or if you’re like me watch some old movies from this list)
- Listen to your favorite music
- Do some Yoga
- Light a Rinder Me Speechless candle and relax while breathing in the scent
- Give yourself a facial
- Try making a new recipe (Like these Apple Chips)
- Take yourself out for a date
- Try your hand at painting or use an anti-stress coloring book
- Deep condition your hair
- Have a cup of Chai Tea
- Get a massage
- Watch the sunset
- Eat something with chocolate in it (Maybe like this chocolate mousse or this hot chocolate)
I hope you all will participate in this journey of taking care of ourselves in order to take care of other people! Thanks so much for reading, and if you haven’t already, participate in my #conquerhatewithlove giveaway!
Thanks so much for reading,