I really hate to brag, but this is probably one of the best drinks ever created. Chai tea is a mix of tea, spices, and delightful creaminess which helps me get through my day. A couple of days ago, I introduced one of my good friends to the beauty of Chai Tea and it literally changed her life. Okay, not really, but it was pretty close! I love this chai tea and I’m pretty sure that you will too! Here’s how you make it!
2 Chai Tea Bags
2 Cups Water
1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
3 Cups Milk
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- First, put on the water to boil. Once the water is boiled, pour it over the chai tea bags and let it seep for at least 15 minutes.
- While the Chai Tea is seeping, put the milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until it comes to a light boil. Remove from heat.
- Remove the tea bags from the Chai Tea.
- OPTIONAL: Pour the milk into a large mason jar and shake vigorously until it starts to foam OR use an inversion blender OR use a frother to make the milk mixture light a bubbly. (It will influence the overall outcome of the latte)
- Pour about half a cup of chai tea into four mugs, then add about 3/4 cup of the milk mixture. Stir lightly until mixed together.
- Now pile a little bit of whipped cream on top, and then sprinkle on a little bit of extra nutmeg or cinnamon.
Ta da! This is a beautiful cup of yumminess and it was AMAZING!!!! I’m pretty sure, no I’m positive that this chai tea changed my life. It’s glorious. Hopefully it’ll help the rest of you stay warm with me!